Monday, September 30, 2013

Writer's Workshop

We're midway through Writing Unit 1, "Launching the Writing Workshop". Boy, have we covered a lot of ground already! Moving from "picture writing" to using letters and words is no small endeavor for a kindergartner, and I am very impressed and pleased with their effort. Here are the goals, or "Learning Targets" that your child is aiming toward in this unit:
  • I can write a letter to represent the sound I hear.
  • I can stretch out a word to write the sounds I hear.
  • I can work independently.
  • I can work on my writing with a partner.
  • I can write about a topic I know and care about.
  • I can label my drawings.
  • I can begin to revise to make my writing better.
  • I can write across several pages.
  • I can organize my folder and other materials.
  • I can write using both pictures and words.
  • I can plan out my stories before I write.
  • I can write different kinds of writing.
  • I can choose a piece to edit and revise for publishing.
Be watching for samples to come home at the end of this unit!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!